Tuesday, February 21, 2012

REFERRAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(it's a boy!)


2/18/12 (Early Saturday)

I can't sleep. The excitement of the last 24 hours has been surreal, amazing,... and perfect. Last night as I was praying, I was overwhelmed of how much my prayers had changed overnight. Isn't life such an adventure? I've been up since 3:30 this morning just to look at his picture again. His gorgeous skin, dark eyes, and long lashes. Not to mention his tight, curly hair. I'm giddy about the day...I can't wait to tell more family and friends. Tomorrow I plan on going home to surprise my mom, sister, and some extended family. With all this in mind, my mind is going a mile a minute. Anyway, I was trying to to think of a task that would induce at least a little sleepiness, so I thought of blogging. I plan on making our referral/adoption more than one post, so bear with me.

Backtracking a bit...

2/17/12 (Friday)

Referral Day! (1 day short of waiting 15 months)

It was a typical Friday. I was a bit discouraged heading into work. Holt (our agency) had been telling us for a few weeks now, that it could be anytime that we get our referral. But we still hadn't heard anything, so I expected Friday to be the same.

12:30- Holt calls Jon to tell him she has GOOD news! She tells him that they have a referral for an eight month old boy.
12:40- Jon calls me at work. The conversation goes like this:
(I'm extremely busy at work as this point, and annoyed that I have yet another phone call to answer)
Beth-I answer in my typical nurse intro. I don't hear anything. I try again...HELLO?
Jon-muffled...it's Jon
Beth- Who?
Jon- It's Jon. How's it going today?
Beth- (my heart literally starts pounding...is it really THE CALL?) Busy. What's up?
Jon- Well, your going to be a mother
Beth- (flustered). Umm...hold on. (I run to bathroom)

Inside the employee bathroom I hear the amazing news that Jon and I have a son! It felt like I was in a dream. I remember saying "Tell me everything!" Right at that moment, Jon received the first pictures and was able to describe to me how breathtaking he is. Wow. How do you process all of this? Jon and I both couldn't talk long. A few hours later I was finally able to sneak out to "eat." As I engulfed my food, I opened one picture after another. Over and over. I wish I could accurately describe what that moment felt like. So many emotions and amazement all at once. I didn't want to tell anyone at work, until I had shared it with my manager and supervisor. So I walked around with this amazing secret all day:~) When I got home that night, the energy and and excitement were palpable. As we poured over his pictures and paperwork- we started plotting our "revealing of the referral plan" for the weekend. An unforgettable night!

“My soul magnifies the Lord,
 and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior"

2 comments:

  1. You have me in tears.

    CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited for you guys. Can't wait to see this beautiful little boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just finally read through your referral blogging and I'm excited all over
    again! Wow the Lord has been good! We love
    you guys and are so thankful!

    ReplyDelete